Tips for Selecting a HVAC Contractor
Selecting a Contractor
Want to find out how a duct-free split system can improve the comfort in your home? The type of heating or cooling solution you require will depend upon a number of different factors. Talk to a local, independent contractor who will assess your specific needs and present you with an LG Home Comfort Solution that is right for your home. Before you choose an independent contractor, we suggest that you interview several contractors and use the following guidelines:
General Questions for Contractors
- Is the contractor insured?
- Does the contractor have references?
- How long has the contractor worked in the HVAC business?
- Is the contractor licensed (depends on state and local requirements)?
- Is the contractor North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certified or a member of local or professional trade organizations?
- What kind of warranty and service does the contractor provide?
- What does the quoted price include?
- How do I take advantage of rebates in my area?
Interested in a Duct-Free System? Additional Questions
- How much experience does the contractor have with installing duct-free split systems?
- How many duct-free technology training classes has the contractor attended?
- How many hours of duct-free technology training has the contractor attended?
Consider an LG Excellence Contractor
The LG Excellence Contractor Program includes a series of rigorous training through online classes and hands-on, instructor-led training courses in LG’s state-of-the-art training facilities. Those contractors with an LG Excellence Contractor designation have completed coursework covering the techniques and best practices to successfully install and service LG HVAC systems.
Benefits of hiring an LG Excellence Contractor:
- LG Excellence Contractors have received best-in-class training on how to efficiently and effectively install and maintain LG air conditioning systems.
- LG Excellence Contractors have committed to providing prompt and reliable service and excellent customer support.
- LG Excellence Contractors are eligible, with proper registration, for extended warranties on the products they install - giving customers additional piece of mind.
Using trained and licensed professionals for installation and service support will ensure that your LG equipment is properly installed and in compliance with applicable laws, rules and codes. Unit capacity, electrical requirements, equipment placement and space usages are among the variables that require contractor knowledge, input and judgment. Improperly installed or sized systems can lead to performance and safety concerns; therefore, LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc. does NOT authorize or warranty products that are not installed by licensed, qualified, and trained HVAC professionals.
All contractors listed on our website are independent HVAC professionals and are not owned, operated or controlled by LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc. Independent contractors are separate legal entities and use their own contracts for installation, service, and maintenance for LG equipment. In no event will LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc., incur any liability for the actions or inactions by any independent contractors. As such, we suggest that you follow-up on all references, licensing and certification claims for such independent contractors.
Use our Contractor Locator to get started on your LG Home Comfort Solution today! Look for the LG Excellence logo for independent contractors who have gone through our highest level of duct-free technology training.